Pages

Let's Connect

Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Pinterest Follow on Goodreads

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Countdown to YALLWEST: Interview with Rachel Cohn

 

Oh My Gosh we are almost exactly a month away from YALLWEST!!
Can you tell how excited I am?

Today to countdown to YALLWEST the totally awesome Rachel Cohn visited us and gave us a little interview!!


Rachel grew up in the D.C. area and graduated from Barnard College with a B.A. in Political Science. She has written many YA novels, including three that she cowrote with her friend and colleague David Levithan. She lives and writes (when she's not reading other people's books, organizing her music library or looking for the best cappuccino) in New York City.



1. What are you most looking forward to at YALL WEST?

It's such a different and fun book festival.  A mutual admiration society of authors & readers.
2. Is there anyone that you are particularly interested in meeting or seeing?

I always love hearing Tiger Beat rock.
3. What has been your biggest fangirl moment?

Meeting Judy Blume and telling her how I used to wish I could get scoliosis so I could be like Deenie.

4. You are well known for Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, what is on Rachel Cohn's Infinite Playlist?

Always on rotation:  Aretha, Donny Hathaway, Dolly Parton, Belle & Sebastian, Cat Power, Curtis Mayfield, Prince, Lorde.
5. If you could adapt another of your novels into a film which one would you choose? Do you have a dream cast?

Actually what I'd really like to see is a movie of Melina Marchetta's JELLICOE ROAD.  Elle Fanning in the lead role.
 
 
6. What can readers be expecting from you in the near future?

I have a fun, contemporary YA novel coming out next year called KILL ALL HAPPIES, about a girl who throws a senior class all-night party at an abandoned desert theme park.  And, I'm excited to also have a non-fiction book coming out next year, co-authored with one of my food activist idols, Kathy Freston.  It's a guidebook for young people interested in moving away from animal foods, and it's called THE BOOK OF VEGAN(ISH).
7. And of course, what are you currently reading?

Um, er, well I have been insanely busy finishing the above 2 projects, so mostly I've been busy reading the queue on my DVR and going, "Why is there never enough time to watch all this?"

1 comment:

  1. I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete