Pages

Let's Connect

Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Pinterest Follow on Goodreads

Monday, December 15, 2014

Edward Scissorhands is back!

EDWARD SCISSORHANDS

The Comic!






In case you have never seen the film (where have you been?!) Here is the trailer.

                           

Synopsis of the Comic:
Edward Scissorhands comes from Kate Leth, writer of the Adventure Time comics and Fraggle Rock Miniseries, and artist for Zombie Tales and Cathulu Tales. Taking place two generations after the original movie and focusing on Kim's granddaughter (the same granddaughter that, in the original movie, Kim is telling the story to) Edward is now a myth among the town but he still lives in the same old abandoned mansion, all by himself. We get to meet a whole new cast of characters and hear more of Edwards tale in this new chapter of Edward's tale.

Review:
I originally picked this comic up because Edward Scissorhands is one of my favorite movies and ballets, and it looked perfect for my husband who is also an avid fan. I watch it every December for Christmas. The cover was gorgeous, however when I saw how the characters were drawn within the comic I put it back on the shelf. I was disappointed that it didn't match the artwork on the cover. But in the end I couldn't resist and bought it as a gift for David.

We sat down and read it together and we were hooked from the start. The story was beautiful and even though it wasn't what I expected the artwork wasn't bad.

I really liked that the story picked up with Kim's granddaughter and is telling us a completely original tale. Things seem to be taking a dark turn and the story sucks you in. When it came to the end my husband was saying "No! I want more story!" And I had to agree. I can't wait for the next issue.

It should be noted that my husband is not a reader. Not even magazines or comic books. After reading Edward Scissorhands he told me "I love comics now." He went on to read two more that night and two the next day. I have to give props to anything that makes a reader out of my hubby.

Rating: 4.5 Stars

1 comment: