Pages

Let's Connect

Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Pinterest Follow on Goodreads

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Xoe: Vampires, and Werewolves and Demons, Oh My!

7303250 

Xoe: or Vampires, and Werewolves, and Demons, Oh My! (Xoe Meyers #1)

by

Xoe Meyers had a normal life. So she was stuck going to high school, and she only had a few friends to call her own. She liked her normal life. Things were about to change though, because there's a new guy in her small town, and he is anything but normal. Before Xoe can say, "Werewolf," her best friend's life is in peril, and Xoe's world is turned upside-down. Then, of course, there's Jason. Xoe doesn't trust him as far as she can throw him, and given that he's a vampire, she'd have to be able to catch him first.

REVIEW: 

I started this book groaning. Lonely girl in a small town? New kid? Vampires? Werewolves? I figured this was going to be similar to the Twilight series. (I'm not bashing the Twilight series, I simply don't enjoy the plethora of copy cat books put out since the series popularity!) And, ok, there is a bit of a love triangle involved and some instant attraction action that goes on in Xoe this is definitely it's own book.
After the first couple of chapters I was completely sucked in. Xoe was so good that I didn't even get upset as I waited for a couple of hours to see my Dr while I read. As I learned more about the supernatural world Roethle created I actually got more enthralled. I had been having a really bad day and reading Xoe, although a bit on the fluffy side, was the perfect book to get me through it. 

 I liked Xoe's attitude and cranky-pantsness. I found that part of her utterly relatable. I also really liked that her best friend Lucy is a goody two shoes in school. (I could relate to both characters...) Then the supernatural stuff began! At first I thought things were somewhat typical and easily predicted but even so the story was interesting and the growth of Xoe was interesting to read about.

Overall a cute book on friendship and the paranormal with a little bit of romance thrown in for good measure.

Rating: 4/5 Stars

Purchase Information:

No comments:

Post a Comment