Pages

Let's Connect

Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Pinterest Follow on Goodreads

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

WELCOME TO 2014!

Well everyone 2013 has come and gone and we are starting the new book that is 2014. Are you excited? Or are you groaning?

Starting a new year is kind of like starting a book without a cover on it, isn't it? There is no synopsis about what to expect, no picture to gauge if this looks like it's for you. It's pure, unadulterated mystery. And sometimes that makes us anxious. Sometimes that makes us excited! Which one are you? The type to dive headfirst into the story and see where it takes you? Or the one to hesitate and wish you were back in the last comfortable familiar book you read?

I have to say I feel a little of both. I'm anxious for what the year holds for me. The last couple of years have been wild rides but life experiences that have changed me forever for the better. As much pain as I went through how can you wish away any experience that makes you grow? So I am anxious and a little excited to see what 2014 has in store for me.

Ok well I guess that is enough of me waxing philosophic! So lets see what we have in store for you today.

Like most of my book loving friends the beginning of the year gave me time to pause and look back at all the brilliant places my books took me last year. And man did I go on some AMAZING adventures! I discovered new genres that really captivated me and rekindled me love for fairy-tales and fairy-tale retellings. I even stumbled upon some vampires I thought were pretty decent. I will never get over how much wonder and magic lays waiting for me each time I open a book. 

So as I sat down to compile my Best 13 Books Read in 2013 I realized I spent most of my year lost in series, so I altered my list. Instead of best books read I've decided to list the best series I read in 2013. This doesn't mean that they were published in 2013, it simply means that these are the best series I stumbled upon, devoured and fell in love with this past year. 

These are listed in no particular order and I hope you check some of them out! So without further ado....

THE 13 BEST SERIES ALYSSA READ IN 2013
  1. Fablehaven By Brandon Mull 
  2.  Artemis Fowl By Eoin Colfer
  3. The Lunar Chronicles By Marissa Meyer
  4. The Parasol Protectorate By Gail Carriger
  5. The Uglies By Scott Westfield
  6. The Sisters Grimm By Michael Buckley & Peter Ferguson (Illustrator)
  7. Mythos Academy By Jennifer Estep
  8. Kingdom Keepers By Ridley Pearson
  9. The Land Of Elyon By Patrick Carman
  10. The Last Apprentice By Joseph Delaney
  11. The Virals By Kathy Reichs
  12. Vampire Academy By Richelle Mead
  13. Ever After High By Shannon Hale 

To all those authors, Thank You for the amazing worlds you let me journey to. The adventures you lead me on. The rebellions you let me witness. It is writers like you that make the world a more meanigful, magical and wonderful place to live in. 

And to YOU my new blog reader and hopefully soon friend! Thank you for this opportunity to be allowed into your lives. For taking this journey through literature with me in the upcoming year. For being by my side as I find my voice and place in the blog world. I can't wait to see how this unfolds. 

I am wishing you the best in 2014 and with that I leave you with the exquisite words of Neil Gaiman, because I couldn't say it better myself....

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I love The Vampire Academy and Cinder! Great blog! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Dana! I really appreciate all your encouragement. And I had some great blogs to inspire me :-) wink wink.

    ReplyDelete